Sunday, August 1, 2010

Such a Pretty Face....

I found this book at Costco yesterday (Seriously, my trifecta of happiness lies in Costco, Trader Joe's and Target) called Such a Pretty Face. I am only about 100 pages into it, but it is about a woman who has had weight loss surgery (doesn't say what type) and has lost 170 pounds. One of the things that she talks about is how her relationships have changed. She has one friend who she has been BFF's with since middle school, and their relationship has always based around food. Making cookie, pies, pasta, whatever...and eating it. Now that she has lost weight, their friendship is strained, the friend is horrible to her and seems beyond repair.
Now, this makes me think of one of my own best friends, love her, have been best frieneds for 14 years and we have always weighed about the same, we lost weight together once, about 10 years ago, and have been steadily gaining togehter since. We travel together and tackle a new city based on where/what we are going to eat:) When I go visit her we go to all our favorite dining spots. I had not told her until this week about getting the lapband, and I wasn't sure if I was even going to, but I felt dishonest not telling her. She was supportive and kind and encouraging, but I wonder if when I loose this weight (100 pounds would be my goal) will things change? Will our friendship change once our visits are not spents moving from one food vendor to another?
Has anyone been in this situation? Have your pre-band relationships changed?
Aside from that, I am at 2 days until Surgery - YAY! I am down about 5 pounds, they wanted 10, but I am hoping for 7 or 8 by Tuesday and that it will be fine.
I am loading up on clear broths, popsicles and yogurt, thinking this will be my meal choices for the next couple of weeks.
Can't wait, already planning my trip to Tahiti in 14 months where I can walk the beaches with confidence and not have to apply baby powder 17 times a day.....
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment