Thursday, August 5, 2010

More pain than I thought...

I am finally feeling human again. Yesterday (the day after) was much more painful than I thought. It is sore at the incision site, and this morning I am doing ok, but the site where my port it hurts more than I thought it would. I am going through an emotional roller coaster as well.... I am happy, sad, exctied and nervous about what the next year will bring. Right now I just need to focus on the immediate, making it through the next few days of the liquid diet and then the mushy phase. It is strange when I drink, it is like the air bubbles have to come up to make room for the liquid to squeeze through. It feels interseting.
It is hard to imagine being beyond this phase, where I can eat normally and what everyone else Is eating.
All in all, so far so good for day 3:)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Every day gets better. I am 2 weeks out from surgery now and feeling great!

    ReplyDelete